Sunday, April 3, 2011

Surgery Day!

As most of you know saying I was terrified to have surgery was an understatement!!!! It was my first time being put to sleep and I was very scared! Also having previous bad experiences with iv's I was nervous for that too. Basically I was a wreck:) But I have to say that everyone at Good Shepard Hospital was amazing and knew my fears and did a great job keeping me relaxed! Anesthesia came and put my iv in with 1 stick!! I was a happy camper here:) Side note: I dont go anywhere without makeup so dont mind the pic of the all natural me:) The surgery lasted 2 1/2 hours. Can you tell I am still in la la land in this pic:) Dr. Chang only found 1 hernia but did find something else while she was in there. Due to my c-section and the scar tissue my uterus had moved! It moved so high it implanted itself to my abdominal wall! So my surgeon was obviously surprised and had to call in an OB to assist with moving my uterus. I was SO happy she had quick thinking and I didn't wake up to hear I needed another surgery. She used mesh to repair the belly button hernia. She also used a special mesh to help keep my uterus in place. I have 4 different areas where she went in and they are stitched. Heres the best post surgery pic....SOOOO funny I almost ripped my stitches open when my mom showed me these. Due to the fact that my incisions are all at different heights it was near impossible to find comfy pants or underwear that didnt rub on my stitches. Plus my belly was so swollen I looked pregnant. So I asked my mom to go buy me some larger underwear so I could be comfortable. I said to try and look for maternity underwear. She bought these and when she opened the package and took them out Cam and I busted out laughing!! Let me tell you how PAINFUL it is to laugh after having stomach surgery:( I thought I was going to rip my stitches open I was crying I was laughing so hard:) Thanks mom for the GREAT laugh!!! And for the record those were the most comfortable underwear big and huge and all:) UPDATE:Its now 12 days post surgery. I am feeling SO much better and moving around without assistance finally! I saw my surgeon and everything is healing well!! She said no lifting over 10 lbs til mid May. It can take me up to 2 months to fully feel back to myself. I have been anxious to get out of the house and the last 2 days I have completely overdone it and paid for it at night:( So I just need to remember to slow down and remember that I am still recovering! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, cards, flowers, meals, gifts and helping with Kaitlyn & Colin. Cam and I are SO blessed with amazing family and friends!! We couldnt have done it without all of your help! ♥

No comments: