Thursday, April 30, 2009

Round 2

Wouldn't you know...Colin caught the nasty virus that we had hoped he would escape getting. Wednesday morning at 5am Colin came in our room crying and yelling that he had thrown up in his bed and on the floor. The poor kid had a 101.5 fever and was so worried that he would need to go to the hospital and get an "IB" like his sister did. He continued with the vomiting and diarrhea all day. We were back in that place where as a parent you are trying to figure out if your child needs to head to the ER for IV fluids. He did well through the night and then started back up again this morning. We hope tomorrow is a better day for him as Cam and I are completely exhausted! I was in the urgent care center at 8am this morning. I have an Upper Respiratory Infection. I also lost my voice. When I was in the waiting area I started coughing. The nurse came and told me that I had to have a Swine Flu kit. I about died of embarrassment!! There I was sitting in the waiting room with a mask on. People were coming in and looking at me and nobody would sit by me:( I wasn't even there for flu symptoms! Oh well. I can laugh about it now. Wish I felt better as taking care of a sick kid is not easy when you are sick yourself. Here is sweet Colin yesterday taping a nap on the couch.
Kaitlyn is back to her self and has been very busy playing. I think they really miss not having each others company and someone to play with this last week. Kaitlyn walks around all day with her pink headset on. Maybe its because I always use my headset when I am on the phone. Here she is trying to entertain Colin by playing McDonald's with a Market Day flyer as her "menu". Never knew a Market Day flyer could be so fun:) Poor Colin was trying to rest with his bucket and towel just in case! Hoping tomorrow I can report back that it was a better day!!

No comments: