Thursday, December 17, 2009

I have to brag about my hubby!!

I have to brag about my wonderful hubby! Cam is such an amazing father and husband!! My family teases me that they think he should be cloned!! I got really lucky:) He helps with the kids, things around the house, laundry, cooking etc. Just a down to earth good guy!! Tomorrow is his last day of school before winter break. He offered to bring a salad to school for their staff luncheon. I teased him that he should have picked something easy like a dessert and I would have baked cookies. He said he would do it himself so I let him:) We went to Jewel and picked out all of the ingredients that "he" wanted and salad dressings. I started on his staff gifts while he made the salad. I came into the kitchen to find this!!! I was pretty impressed at his fancy salad!!! He said I was nuts to take a pic and put it on the blog....I had to show off his fancy big salad that he worked very hard on.
What can you get for 75 staff members that is reasonably priced and doesn't send you in the poor house?? The last 3 years we have come up with some creative ideas for presents. This year we decided a scratch lottery ticket would be fun. I printed up envelopes with a little saying on them from Cam and his Assistant Principal. We stuffed them with a scratch lottery ticket and a shiny new penny so they can scratch their ticket. The fun part is that at tomorrow mornings staff meeting everyone will pick one envelope out of the basket and at the same time they will all open them. 2 of the envelopes have a quarter inside instead of a penny. Those 2 teachers who have a quarter will get a free period off where Cam gets to teach for them. The kids get such a kick out of their principal teaching them a lesson! The teachers love the anticipation of who is going to win every year. This year their is a bonus...maybe someone will win some $$...and who doesn't need that:)

No comments: