Friday, October 1, 2010

Art Contest

This summer the kids entered in an art contest at the library. They looked at this book on how to draw to help them since Cam and I were not allowed to help them draw at all! And I am being honest when I say we didn't draw a thing for them! I am proud of how hard they worked on these art projects!! We sat down as a family and Cam and I watched as they drew their little hearts out! I suggested they draw in marker and color in crayon since I think it looks nicer:)
Here's Colin's plaid whale! Great Job Colin!!!

We framed Colin's whale and its hanging in his room!

Here is Kaitlyn's bumblebee! She won 1st place in the Pre-K and Kindergarten level!

Here is her award:)

Along with her award she won an art package. It had an art portfolio with crayons, markers, paint, oil pastels and more. She also received a drawing book and a "Design My Own Calendar"!

I have waited to post this til the library had her art work hanging up(top right). It took a few months but its now hanging in the children's section at our library. Those of you that are local can go check it out!! She was SO proud yesterday! Colin was very sweet and said to her that he was proud of her too!

No comments: