Sunday was a big day for Cam and I! We ran a 5K for our local school district to help raise money for literacy tools for the classrooms. Cam was able to run 6 miles this summer so he didn't have to train as much as I did. Plus this was his 2nd 5K he ran this summer. It was a HUGE accomplishment for me as I am not a big runner but its amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it and train hard! We were training for weeks and cutting off a lot of time as the weeks went on. The best part was that we had our family there to support us at the finish line and our neighbors on the course to help get us thru the race! It was a lot of fun because we started at the school and ran through a few subdivisions one of which was ours. Part of the course had us running right behind our house which was fun! Here we are arriving at the school at 7:30am...it was very foggy but it let up and the sun was shinning bright!
Lining up for the race. There were about 150 people who participated!

Thanks to our wonderful neighbors for supporting us! Love the signs girls! Being that they are cheerleaders we were excited they could cheer us on!

Go Cam Go!!!

They were at the top of a VERY steep hill that we had to run up. Perfect place to sit and cheer us on because it helped keep us going strong!

Do I look like I am about to pass out:) The hills in our neighborhood were brutal!! Here I was just coming up to the top of the hill!

Our cheerleaders at the finish line. Thanks to our kiddos, my parents, in-laws, sister and nephew for all of your support at the finish line!!!

Cam running to the finish line!

Lining up for the race. There were about 150 people who participated!

Thanks to our wonderful neighbors for supporting us! Love the signs girls! Being that they are cheerleaders we were excited they could cheer us on!

Go Cam Go!!!

They were at the top of a VERY steep hill that we had to run up. Perfect place to sit and cheer us on because it helped keep us going strong!

Do I look like I am about to pass out:) The hills in our neighborhood were brutal!! Here I was just coming up to the top of the hill!

Our cheerleaders at the finish line. Thanks to our kiddos, my parents, in-laws, sister and nephew for all of your support at the finish line!!!

Cam running to the finish line!








No comments:
Post a Comment