Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back Injury:(

What a week it has been. It all started Monday morning. We were rushing to get out the door(as usual) to get to school and then I was going to the gym. Kaitlyn had spilled her yogurt all over the floor. She tried to wipe it up with a baby wipe before I saw. I came rushing thru the kitchen barefoot and didnt see the spill and slipped. My feet went right out under me and I fell SO hard on the wood floor. It hurt pretty bad but I took some Motrin and went about my day. I was pretty sore at the gym but pushed through it(which my dr said was the worst thing i could do). I ended up working out Mon, Tues and Wed. Thursday I was so miserable that I went to the dr. They opted not to do x-rays yet and gave me Norco which is a narcotic. I was taking 2 pills every 4-6 hours and not having any relief. I spent the next 2 days at home in bed. By Saturday I was a mess....screaming in pain whenever I tried to move. Cam took me to the hospital. I was given a heavy dose injection in my butt for pain. Despite being terrified of the shot I was glad I did. I was in la-la land and finally having some relief! They did x-rays of my pelvis and spine and said I have a severe ruptured disc. They also saw a hairline that might be a fracture. We are going to hold off on the MRI til I see how I do this week. The dr was shocked that I wasnt having relief from the Norco so I am on the strongest narcotic they can give. Sadly I am not pain free which is frustrating me! Saying I am devastated about not being able to go to CrossFit is an understatement. My main focus is to get batter and get better fast!! This has really been the pits:( So thats my sob story. You know I was in excruciating pain when I risked missing Zachary's 1st birthday party. In the post below you will see that I made it:) I was pretty drugged up and in my slippers but at least I made it for the end!!

No comments: