Friday, March 11, 2011

Dice Game!

My kids LOVE this dice game that I made up for them to play. Its the teacher in me:) Of course they have Math Binders so they can bring them along when we go places! If you want a copy just let me know and I can email the sheets you. They can play a 2(digit) dice or 3(digit) dice addition game. They roll the dice and write the numbers in the boxes and add them up. By using dice they can count the dots to help them if they need it. I also put the numbers at the top pf the page so they can check to make sure they don't write anything backwards. In the right column I give a star for the right answer and a question mark for them to go back and check their work. They think they are SO cool and playing a game but I love that its educational:) Here's what it looks like when they do it. I started circling of they put a number backwards. They seem to be doing that with certain numbers. If you look at the page on the right the first one looks like 2+2 but because they were backwards it was really 6+6 and so I had to explain that it makes a big deal with your answer when you use interchange a 2 and 6:)

No comments: