Kaitlyn has some procedures coming up in the next few weeks so I wanted to fill everyone in on whats going on. First here are a few pics:) She was showing off her new dance leotard. She loves the back so we had to get a pic of that too!

Monday we went to Glenbrook Hospital to see her plastic surgeon. She insisted on bringing Kaylee in her baby carrier, her diaper bag and her purse. I said it was ok as long as she carried it all. Here she is in the hospital dragging all of her gear around:)


Monday we went to Glenbrook Hospital to see her plastic surgeon. She insisted on bringing Kaylee in her baby carrier, her diaper bag and her purse. I said it was ok as long as she carried it all. Here she is in the hospital dragging all of her gear around:)
Now for the update. Kaitlyn has been having pretty bad stomach issues/pains! So she is having an endoscopy and colonoscopy a week from today(Wed) at Highland Park Hospital. So next Tuesday we will have to do the prep all day which I dread! Cam will be at work and I will be feeding her laxative drinks and pills all day:( Its pretty bad from what they have told us!! Then she doesnt go to the OR for the procedures til 2pm the next day. Which means ONLY jello and popsicles all day on Tuesday along with the laxatives and then NOTHING on Wed til after she is out of the OR. Try explaining that to a 4 yr old! The biopsy's take a week. They will be checking her entire bowel and digestive track so hopefully we will know whats been the cause of her issues.
Then on Feb 4th she will have more laser surgery to her lip at Children's Memorial Hospital. Right now she is the 3rd case of the day so I assume she will be scheduled to go to the OR around 10am which is so much better than her colonoscopy will be!! Waiting all day for a child makes Cam and I really upset!!
Shes knows whats happening and is the bravest girl we know. She did say to us...."only 2 more surgeries and thats it right?!?!" :( We sure hope that we are near the end of this processl!!
We will keep everyone updated..please keep her in your prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment