Kaitlyn is having surgery tomorrow. This is the 5th time she has been to the OR for her lip. Wish I could say it gets easier but it doesnt. It really breaks out hearts to see her have to go through all of this! As hard as this has been on Cam and I we are SO thankful that she is healthy!! Here she is at her pre-op appointment on Monday. She loves that she was able to wear a gown for her check-up:) It was "ginormous" on her she said! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow!! We told her tonight about her surgery and she took it like a trooper. She said that all she has to do is smell the mask and then she goes to sleep. It amazes me that she is so brave at such a young age!! In fact when Cams parents called tonight she told them all about her date night with Cam and I(Colin is sleeping at my parents). She told them how we went for ice cream, came home, she was taking a shower and snuggling with mommy and daddy, having an apple for a snack and then waking up and having her surgery as if it was no big deal! Her surgery is scheduled for 7:30am so we need to be there by 6:30. She is the first case which is great! Afterwards her scar will be very dark due to the special lasering they will be doing. They said it can look pretty rough for the first 2 months. We will have to stay OUT of the sun so you will not be seeing any blog posts of us at the water park:) I will post an update when I can. Thanks for all of the support and prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment