Friday, October 9, 2009

Kaitlyns 5th Surgery Date

Update: Her surgery is set for Novemeber 19th....the day after her 4th birthday:(
After a LONG ride yesterday to get to see Kaitlyn's surgeon we arrived:) I drove over an hour to get to Glenview Hospital to see Kaitlyn's surgeon only to find out after parking the car, getting inside the hospital, getting the kids settled and going up to check in that her appt was at Westchester. I think they could see the panic in my eyes that I drove so far and somehow messed. They called over and Dr. Vicari said to come whenever we could get there. He's so wonderful!! We always see Dr. Vicari in Glenview and I scheduled her post-op appt after her surgery so I must not have been listening when they told me it was in Westchester. SO we got back in the car and headed to Westchester. Instead of taking me 30 min it took me 1 hr and 15 min!!!!!! I was almost in tears because my Nav system got me lost and Cam wasnt with us because he had a conference to go to....how funny is it that my Nav system wasnt working!!! So we arrived and Dr. Vicari took us right away before his patients that were there waiting...I was so grateful for that! The kids were SO well behaved and I was proud of them! Vicari thinks that her site looks good and will continue to improve. I said that its hard for Cam and I who see her everyday to really notice the progress. He said everyone responds differently to the laser and he wants to do 2 more laser surgeries this winter. The winter is the best time for her since the sun during summer time is so bad for her scar!! The first surgery will be next month. He only does these on Thursdays so we are aiming to do it the day after the kids birthday on Nov 19th. I will call tomorrow to hopefully set the date. If they cant do it then we will have to wait til Dec 3rd because of Thanksgiving. He said after these 2 laser surgeries he would like to wait about a year or so to see how she heels. The dermabrasion surgery wouldn't possibly happen for a few years he said. So as of right now 3 surgeries left...hopefully:) Everything is also really dependent on how she heals. Like he said every kid is different so his procedure plans are just estimates. Thats pretty much it! She knows she is going to have another surgery but we are not going to talk about it anymore til the night before. Theres no need for her to worry!!
She is SO brave and we could not be more proud of her!!

No comments: